Victorian Training Guarantee
The Victorian Training Guarantee is making vocational education and training more accessible to people who do not hold a post-school qualification, or who want to gain a higher level qualification than they already hold.
If you are eligible for Government subsidised training through the eligibility criteria, the government will contribute to the cost of training.
What to consider before enrolling:
- Ensure the course you wish to enrol in aligns with your career and further study aspirations.For information about finding a VET option that suits you, see http://www.education.vic.gov.au/victorianskillsgateway/Pages/home.aspx
- Ensure the delivery strategy meets your study and work/ life balance
- Understand the eligibility criteria (see below for more information)
- Read more about the education and training you need for the job you want and improve your knowledge and skill in an area that interests you. http://www.education.vic.gov.au/training/learners/Pages/default.aspx
- Research your training provider and training options on https://training.gov.au/
Students may be eligible for funding through the Victorian Training Guarantee. The Victorian State Government support learning and development for those wishing to advance their career. Generally if students meet the following criteria they may be eligible for Government funding:
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent visa holder or a New Zealand Citizen
- Must reside in the state of Victoria
- Not be currently enrolled in two or more Victorian Government subsidised courses in the current year.
- Have not commenced more than two Government subsidised courses in a calendar year.
- Have not commenced a maximum of two subsidised courses at the same level in your lifetime. This restriction applies whether or not you complete the course.
- Over 20 years of age (as at 1 January in the year of commencement of training) and seeking to enrol in nationally recognised training in a course that is at a higher qualification level than the highest qualification held at the time of the scheduled commencement of training.
If you wish to seek further clarification regarding eligibility contact the Technology Institute of Victoria's office on 9888 3599 or you may wish to access the funding eligibility indicator on the following link http://www.education.vic.gov.au/victorianskillsgateway/students/pages/vtg-eligibility-indicator.aspx
You can only commence a maximum of two subsidised courses at the same level in your lifetime. This restriction applies whether or not you complete the course. The restriction does not apply to courses on the Foundation Skills List. It does not apply to students recommencing training in the same qualification at the same or different provider.
In exceptional circumstances you can apply to the Department for an exemption to the lifetime limit of two commencements at the same level. Individuals should submit a short statement outlining their circumstances and why they believe they need to commence a further course at the same level. Statements should be addressed to:
Training Marketing Operations
Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
MELBOURNE VIC 3001
The Department will not consider applications relating to citizenship/ residency, up skilling or yearly course limits.
The enrolment process at the Technology Institute of Victoria Pty Ltd has been designed to assist you in finding the best possible course for your needs.
- Register your expression of interest for a course here via our online form or contact our office via mail or phone.
- Telephone interview with the office staff at Technology Institute of Victoria to check your eligibility, goals and which course best suits your needs.
- All students are required to undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. The purpose of this information is to
allow the Technology Institute of Victoria to develop effective training and assessment programs, and training plans according to the needs of each individual.
- You will attend a pre-training session where you will discuss with a trainer and assessor the training program and your goals assisting you in making an informed decision if the program meets your requirements
- Office staff at Technology Institute of Victoria will contact you with a date and time of the next available course that meets your requirements and.
- You will be provided with a declaration form for completion and signing and have your original identification sighted to complete the enrolment process.
- A confirmation letter is sent to you with the course details, relevant information, and an invoice for any enrolment fees.
Our office staff are ready to help you through the enrolment process. Contact them on 03 9888 3599.